Cristine Beckwith is the owner and lead attorney at Beckwith DV Law. She has been successfully defending domestic violence charges since 2004.
Before Cristine was a criminal defense attorney, she was a deputy prosecutor. As a prosecutor, Cristine saw first hand how domestic violence charges could destroy families and careers.
Cristine soon realized that she had no passion for building cases against people. Instead, she wanted to use her legal expertise and negotiating skills to help people who were accused of a crime.
In 2004, Cristine became a criminal defense attorney. Her experience as a former prosecutor helped her discover evidentiary issues and negotiating opportunities that other attorneys were often times unaware of.
Today, Cristine is one of the most respected DV attorneys in Washington State. She has been invited to speak at numerous events and maintains a superior rating for client satisfaction at Avvo.com.
- Lead attorney on thousands of criminal cases
- Lead counsel on over 30 jury trials
- Mentored several attorneys on how to defend clients at trial
- Instructor of a continuing legal education course for lawyers
- Authored hundreds of legal briefs related to criminal law
- Owner of Beckwith Law, a criminal defense law firm
- Rated 10/10 by Avvo, an independent lawyer rating service
- Rated “A” by the Better Business Bureau of Western Washington
- Top 40 under 40 – Society of Legal Advocates
- 2012 Clients’ Choice Award for Criminal Defense
- Vice President of Board of Trustees – Gonzaga University School of Law
Prior Positions Held
- Deputy Prosecutor
- District Court Defense Attorney
- Law Review Editor
- Washington State Bar Association
- Federal Court Bar Member
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Association of Private Practice Lawyers and Attorneys
Juris Doctorate, Gonzaga University School of Law
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, University of Washington